The topic of today’s article is – How to import large blogger files to WordPress? It’s very simple but since you are new to WordPress, you might get confused. After reading this article completely, your confusion will go away completely.
Many blogger friends want to transfer their blogger site to WordPress. And to migrate the Blogger site to WordPress, the Blogger XML file needs to be uploaded or imported to WordPress in the right way.
Why Can’t Import Large Blogger Files to WordPress?
But users don’t know that WordPress site has a file upload limit. For that reason, no large Blogger XML files are uploaded to WordPress. So before transferring to Blogger the following two points must be kept in mind –
- What is the size of the Blogger site backup XML file?
- How many MB upload limitations are there on new WordPress sites?
If the backup file is smaller than WordPress’ upload limitations, that’s fine. But if it is the opposite then follow the below methods. You can easily upload your Blogger site backup file to WordPress, no matter how many GB.
How to Check Upload Limit on WordPress Site?
- To check the WordPress site upload limit –
- Open your WordPress Admin panel,
- Click on the Site Health option under the Tools section,
- Then click on the drop-down option of Media Handling,
- Now you can see the Max Size of an Uploaded File,
How to Import Large Blogger Files to WordPress?
I will show you 4 methods to fix this issue, you can apply the one that seems easiest to you. So read each method carefully first, then apply.
1. Create a ‘php.ini’ File in the Root Directory
- Login to hosting’s cPanel,
- Go to File Manager and open public_html which means the root directory of your site.
- Then open the wp-admin folder,
- Search the “php.ini” file, If the file is missing, follow the steps below.
- Create a new file, rename the file to “php.ini“,
- Now edit this file, and paste the below code.
- Save file.
- It will take 10 to 20 minutes to update.
upload_max_filesize = 512M post_max_size = 512M memory_limit = 512M
NOTE:- If the above method doesn’t work, then it’s not for your site. In such case, you rename the file to “php5.ini”.
2. Increase File Upload Size Using Plugin
- First, download Tuxedo Big Files Uploads, Apart from this you will find many plugins for this task.
- Install and activate this plugin,
- Go to the Media option under the Settings section,
- Set the Upload limit as shown in the image below.
- Save changes.
- You can delete the plugin after your file is uploaded.
If the above two methods do not fix the issue, then use the Blogger Importer Extended plugin as an alternative to the blogger Importer Plugin.
3. Increase Upload Limite by PHP Option
- Go to your cPanel dashboard,
- Then click on the Multiphp INI Editor,
- Now choose your domain,
- Next, set your upload limits,
- Finally, save changes.
4. Increase Upload Limite by Edit .htacces File
- Log in to your cPanel and go to the File Manager option,
- Open the public_html folder,
- Find the .htaccess file, normally it is hidden. So go to the settings option and select the “Show hidden files” option.
- Now you will find the .htaccess file, edit it.
- Paste the below code into this file, as shown in the image below.
- The code has an upload limit of 64 MB, you can increase it if you want.
- Save file.
php_value upload_max_filesize 64M php_value post_max_size 64M php_value memory_limit 400M php_value max_execution_time 180 php_value max_input_time 180
I have shown a total of four simple methods to import large blogger files to WordPress. Out of these four, you can follow whichever one you find easier. But I would recommend you follow method number 3 or method number 1. Be careful! Do not apply multiple methods at once. If a method doesn’t work after applying it, remove it and apply the next method.
Bengali Video Tutorial
TAGS:- wordpress, how to increase upload file size limit in wordpress, blogger to wordpress, how to increase maximum upload file size in wordpress, wordpress to blogger import, wordpress large file import, wordpress tutorial, wordpress (blogger), import large files to wordpress media library via FTP, export wordpress to blogger, how to upload large files in wordpress, how to import wordpress site XML file, how to import an XML file into wordpress, the uploaded file exceeds the upload_max_filesize directive in php.ini,the uploaded file exceeds the upload_max_filesize, uploaded file exceeds, wordpress uploaded file exceeds, the uploaded file exceeds the upload_max_filesize directive in php.ini, the uploaded file exceeds the upload_max_filesize directive in php.ini. wordpress,upload_max_filesize, upload_max_filesize directive in php.ini, wordpress theme upload max.